Cookies help us improve your Parcelforce Worldwide online experience. If you accept their use, continue using our site. Or, find out more about cookies.
Sending parcels using a franking meter
If you are a franking meter user you can send your parcels with us, pay using your franking meter and we will come and collect from you. The steps below detail how to arrange for a free collection and pay for your parcel:
- You need to know your meter impression number. This is the number that appears when you print out a meter impression. Please note: if you have a new franking machine it can take up to 4 weeks for your details to be registered on our systems. Until this happens you will not be able to book a parcel online.
- Enter this meter impression number into the box on our 'Send now' page. The entry box is case sensitive so you do need to enter the number in the correct case.
- Read our conditions of carriage, tick the confirmation box and click on 'continue'.
- Only single parcels can be send using this 'Frankpay' process.
Then, all you need to do is...
- Enter collection and delivery details.
- Choose the service you require from the list that appears. The price will show for each product.
- Choose a collection date in the next 5 working days.
- Set your computer to allow pop-ups from www.parcelforce.net then print out the barcoded label that appears. Attach this to your parcel.
- Print out a meter impression for the amount required, as detailed on the barcoded label and on screen.
- Wait for driver to arrive.
As you may be new to sending with us, here are a few other tips to bear in mind:
- Check your parcel weight and dimensions are within the maximum weight and dimensions we accept by visiting our delivery speeds and country information pages. For the UK these are: weight - your parcel must not exceed 30kg; length and girth - the size must not exceed 3 metres length and girth (measured around its thickest part) combined and 1.5 metres for the greatest dimension. Girth should be calculated as twice the height of theparcel plus twice the width of the Parcel measured around its thickest part.
- Make sure your parcel is packaged correctly. Help on packaging can be found on our packaging guidelines page.
- Check your item is not on our list of prohibited or restricted goods. If sending internationally also visit our country information pages to check individual country restrictions.
- Please visit the compensation section on our website which covers compensation and refunds. We do offer inclusive compensation in our prices and additional compensation can be purchased for those goods requiring it. However there are some goods that we will not pay compensation for in the case of loss and damage and there are some circumstances when we will not pay out for delay. For your own peace of mind, please check before booking.