What if there’s no deal?
If the UK and the EU fail to reach an agreement, the UK will leave the EU on 31st October 2019. This is known as a 'No Deal' Brexit and will likely mean:
- UK leaving the Customs Union
- UK trading on World Trade Organisation (WTO) terms
- Requirement for Customs Declarations (Commercial Invoices or CN23s) for all EU parcels
- Requirement for electronic customs content data for EU parcels
- VAT and duties payable on goods entering UK from EU, and goods from the UK to the EU