Sending parcels after a "no deal"

At the moment, if you send goods or gifts to another country in the EU they don’t need to go through customs. If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, this will change. For all Parcelforce Worldwide services a CP72 Customs Declaration Form will need to be fully completed, written legibly in English, and affixed to your parcel.

If you are sending an item via an online channel (e.g. you may also be required to supply electronic pre-advice data. This contains information on the sender, recipient and contents of the parcel and helps aid customs clearance.

Please note: In the event of 'no deal', the advice from Government is the person you are sending the item to may have to pay customs or VAT charges. They will need to do this before they can receive the parcel. These charges will depend on the country you’re sending to, the value of the item you’re sending and whether it is a gift or commercial goods.

What does this mean if I’ve sold something online and I’m sending it to someone in the EU?

You will need to fill out a customs form – please see the details above.

What does this mean if I’m receiving an item from the EU?

If you’re receiving goods from the EU you may have to pay VAT and customs charges. The charges will depend on the value of the item, where it came from and who sent it. These charges will be applied by Border Force on behalf of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). You’ll need to pay any fees before you can receive your parcel.

Find out how to pay customs fees

Keep up to date with the Government's advice on leaving the EU

Why more people choose Parcelforce Worldwide