Cookies help us improve your Parcelforce Worldwide online experience. If you accept their use, continue using our site. Or, find out more about cookies.
Frequently asked questions
- What do I do if my parcel is late, lost or damaged?
- Who can claim?
- When should I claim?
- Do I need to do anything else / what about the packaging?
- When will you contact me?
- I want to know about the compensation values / limits.
- Where can I find out more about your conditions of carriage?
- I need additional information on claims.
- How do I claim?
- How do I find out about my existing claim?
What do I do if my parcel is late, lost or damaged?
You need to submit a claim for compensation. Please read the other FAQs in the claims guide, this tells you how and who needs to do this.Back to top
Who can claim?
Only the sender can claim for delay, loss or damage of parcel. If you are the recipient, please contact the sender and ask them to file a claim.Back to top
When should I claim?
All claims must be received within 30 days of despatch, except for globalexpress which must be received within 15 days. globalvalue and HM Forces mail (BFPO worldwide) must be received within 120 days.Back to top
Do I need to do anything else / what about the packaging?
You need to keep all the contents and the original packaging until the claim is resolved at the delivery address, as this may be needed for inspection. Your claim will be invalid if you are unable to provide them upon request.
If the contents and / or packaging are perishable, please take and keep photos, and dispose the contents and / or packaging. You may be asked to submit the photos for inspection.Back to top
When will you contact me?
You will receive an email from us confirming that we have received your claim within 14 days. We will review and pay claims as quickly as possible, but please allow a maximum of 8 weeks for inland claims and 12 weeks for international claims. Claims for damage and loss usually take longer to review than claims for delay.
If you have not received your email confirming that we have received your claim within 14 days, or if your claim has taken longer than 8 weeks for an inland claim or 12 weeks for an international claim, please e-mail us.Back to top
I want to know about the compensation values / limits.
Please visit our compensation page.Back to top
Where can I find out more about your conditions of carriage?
Please visit our Conditions of Carriage.Back to top
I need additional information on claims.
Please email us. We will aim to respond to your query promptly.Back to top
How do I claim?
Read our conditions of carriage page and compensation table.
Some key points to note are:
- No compensation is available for items such as jewellery, antiques or items made of, or containing, glass.
- Where a claim for damage is settled in full the ownership of the goods and legal title to them will be transferred to Parcelforce Worldwide.
Gather the following information:
- Your parcel number.
- Proof of Posting (e.g. auction reference number, cost invoice, eBay reference number, evidence of online booking, PayPal reference number, Post Office receipt).
- Proof of value of items (e.g. cost invoice, eBay reference number, purchase receipt).
You can make a claim over the internet by registering at this website https://claims.parcelforce.com
Please note: If you are already registered with www.parcelforce.com you will need to re-register to make claims.
Or, you can download a copy of the Customer Claim form and return it to us at:
Parcelforce Worldwide Claims Centre
PO Box 491
This claim form can be used by all Parcelforce Worldwide customers.