Help and advice
Delivery speed guarantee exceptions
You may claim a refund of the whole or a proportionate part of the postage charges if your parcel does not arrive at its destination within the specified delivery timeframe. Please visit our Refunds for Late Delivery page for more information.
Parcelforce Worldwide may, from time to time, suspend guarantees due to circumstances beyond our control. You are not entitled to a refund for late delivery in any of the following circumstances. The list below is not definitive and each individual claim for late delivery will be assessed on its own merit.
When our delivery speed guarantee does not apply:
- where it is shown that delivery was attempted within the service times;
- the delay is caused by adherence to Parcelforce Worldwide policies to provide a copy of the delivery record or a copy of the signature obtained at delivery;
- the parcel has not been packed adequately or has been packaged incorrectly. This information can be found in our Packaging Advice pages.
- parcels have been strapped together or bound to another parcel;
- the parcel contains prohibited goods or restricted goods where the restrictions have not been complied with. This information can be found in our Prohibitions and Restrictions pages.
- the consignment includes parcels which are in breach of sanctions. Please visit our Sanctions pages for more information.
- the parcel does not have a complete and accurate address, postcode and telephone number for the Customer and Recipient and/or does not have all relevant despatch documentation and labels affixed or enclosed as appropriate;
- the parcel is addressed to a PO Box address;
- the parcel has been sent to an address which is closed, or which only accepts deliveries at certain times of day or on certain days of the week;
- the delivery was attempted on the due day for non-Timed delivery services, even if this the attempt was made outside of our advertised delivery or working hours;
- no attempt was made to deliver the parcel during the one hour time window advised to the recipient in our delivery notification service (provided the parcel was delivered on the due day);
- the parcel(s) are returned to the sender after attempting to deliver to the recipient;
- the parcel requires collection by the recipient;
- the delay is caused by adherence to Parcelforce Worldwide policies regarding the payment of duties and taxes;
- the customs documentation is incomplete or incorrect; or there is duty payable on the parcel; or the parcel is held up in a customs clearance process; or the parcel is seized by a customs or governmental authority or by any regulatory agencies;
- the parcel is sent directly to a local post office overseas;
- where perishable foodstuffs or articles are sent using our International services;
- it is indicated on the country-specific information that the delivery guarantee does not apply, or the parcel is dispatched to a destination where the Service has been suspended. This information can be found in our Worldwide Directory pages.
- Any computer system is affected directly or indirectly by any virus.
- Force Majeure; anything outside the control of senditnow.com including (but not limited to) fire, flood, explosion, accident, adverse weather conditions, traffic congestion, mechanical breakdown, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, governmental act, act of God, terrorism, war, or from any industrial dispute whatsoever.