Cookies help us improve your Parcelforce Worldwide online experience. If you accept their use, continue using our site. Or, find out more about cookies.
Compensation, refunds and claims
Delivery speed guarantee exceptions
The list below is not definitive and each individual claim for late delivery will be assessed on its own merit. Parcelforce Worldwide may from time to time suspend guarantees from any of the compensation arrangements due to circumstances beyond our control. The customer is not entitled to a refund for late delivery in any of the following circumstances:
- The consignment is held up in a customs clearance process.
- The customs documentation or address is not fully and accurately completed.
- There are customs duties and/or taxes payable on the consignment.
- The consignment is seized by a customs or governmental authority or by any regulatory agencies.
- The consignment is not in compliance with the terms and conditions - and as a result the consignment is not accepted by the international transportation service we have selected.
- The consignment requires collection by the recipient.
- When the consignment is addressed to a PO Box for any UK or international service, except those allowing PO Box delivery as defined in our Worldwide delivery information directory plus any import services.
- An item is sent directly to a local post office overseas.
- The consignment has not been packed adequately or has been packaged incorrectly.
- The consignment contains prohibited or restricted goods.
- The consignment does not have a complete and accurate address, post code and telephone number for the shipper and recipient or does not have all relevant despatch packs and labels on.
- Any computer system is affected directly or indirectly by any virus.
- Parcels have been strapped together or bound to another parcel.
- Force Majuere; anything outside the control of Parcelforce Worldwide including (but not limited to) fire, flood, explosion, accident, adverse weather conditions, traffic congestion, mechanical breakdown, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, governmental act, act of God, terrorism, war, or from any industrial dispute whatsoever.
- It is indicated on the country specific information that the guarantee does not apply. This information can be found in our Worldwide delivery information directory.
- Where perishable foodstuffs or articles are sent using our International services.