Cookies help us improve your Parcelforce Worldwide online experience. If you accept their use, continue using our site. Or, find out more about cookies.
Compensation, refunds and claims
Making a claim
We are sorry to hear that you need to make a claim. This page tells you how to do this, and enables you to print off a claim form.
It’s important that you always keep your copy of the documentation for each parcel you send and a receipt (or similar proof of value) for the contents. If the claim is for damage the recipient must also keep the original internal/external packaging material for inspection. Value of items can be depreciated to reflect current market value, wear and tear. Premiums paid for enhanced compensation are non-refundable in all cases. Any claims which overstate the value of the item will be rejected - no payment towards the value of the item will be made, although any relevant delay payment will be made. In making a claim all types of compensation you believe relevant should be applied for.
If claims for loss or disputed delivery are made, the recipient may be asked to affirm that the item was not delivered and its value (if known). A claim can only be processed further if the recipient replies to this Parcelforce Worldwide correspondence within 21 days. Should there be an error in a claim application or the supporting evidence that results in the need to re-issue the cheque, an administration charge of £10.00 will be deducted from the claim amount.
Please note that postage costs are not paid for damage claims.
As part of our security operations we carry out rigorous checks on consignments. This may involve X-ray screening, decompression, or in exceptional circumstances, the opening of a parcel. If a parcel fails any of these checks, service guarantees may be suspended and related compensation claims refused.
You can make a claim over the internet by registering at this website https://claims.parcelforce.com
Please note: If you are already registered with www.parcelforce.com you will need to re-register to make a claim.
You can still claim using a paper claim form. Just print off the claim form (the link is provided below) and return it to us at:
Parcelforce Worldwide Claims Centre
PO Box 491
All claims are subject to our conditions of carriage and some key points are:
- All claims must be received within 30 days of despatch, with the exception of globalexpress which must be received within 15 days of despatch and globalvalue and HM Forces claims which must be received within 120 days.
- To make a claim, you will need your parcel number and proof of despatch. In addition, for a claim for loss and damage, you will need to provide proof of value.
- For damage claims, the contents of the parcel and its original packaging must be available at the delivery address for our agents to inspect.
- All claims must be made by the sender. If you are the recipient, please contact the sender to make the claim.
- No compensation is available for items such as jewellery, antiques or items made of, or containing, glass.
- Appeals against decisions on claims settlements must be made within 30 days of receipt of claim settlement letter, in writing, to the address shown on the claim settlement letter.
Where a claim for damage is settled in full the ownership of the goods & legal title to them will be transferred to Parcelforce Worldwide.
Please download a pdf of our claim form (PDF opens in a new window). This form can be used by both retail and contract customers.