Help and advice
My parcel tracking result states ‘Held’. What shall I do now?
If the held details states:
- Held - awaiting instruction – please contact 03448 00 44 66 with your parcel number and supply necessary details.
- Held - damage recorded - If during the journey of a parcel throughout our network we note there is damage to the packaging we will record this. Where possible, our depots and hubs will repackage items to allow the items to be delivered. If the item cannot be delivered we will contact you if we have your details. Please contact us on 03448 00 44 66 with your parcel number if you have not had any contact from us.
- Held at Customs - incorrect paperwork- Customs are legally entitled to open parcels where information on the Customs declaration is not clear or if the customs declaration is missing and they need to make an assessment. If they cannot find the necessary documentation then the item may be returned to sender.
- Held in depot – we may hold an item at one of our depots awaiting redelivery. If your item has not been delivered after two working days please contact us on 03448 00 44 66 with your parcel number
- Held in depot - restricted contents – the parcel contain goods that are on our prohibited goods list. The recipient may be contacted or the parcel destroyed depending on the contents. Please contact us on 03448 00 44 66 with your parcel number to discuss with us.
Held in depot for redelivery – Our driver has attempted to deliver your parcel. It has been returned to the depot as the attempt was unsuccessful. If we were unable to deliver your parcel securely directly to you the first time, the driver will have left a “We called to deliver / collect your parcel” card. Please read this card as it will tell you whether:
- We will deliver the parcel again tomorrow.
- Your parcel has been left with a neighbour.
- Your parcel has been taken to your local Post Office branch.
If you would like to arrange for your item to be redelivered on a different day, to a different address, to a Post Office or if you would like to collect it from our depot please visit our Receiving a parcel page.